Thursday, March 27, 2008

Army Graduation Day!


It's official - Cody has graduated from boot camp! Check out my handsome young soldier! I have never been so proud of him! I have got to spend the last 2 days with him and it has been so incredible. As a mother to see the changes in him - I have never been so proud! He is well on his way to awesome things - I am sure of that! The last 2 days have been really cool. The first day we got to see demonstrations of some of the training exercises etc. that the kids have had to do. We got to see where our kids have lived for the last 10 weeks and all of that. The base is gigantic (70 square miles - Wow!) but for the most part they have been confined to their barracks and training area. Some of the kids got passes at different times and were able to go around on the base but not off of the base. Cody got a pass one day and I remember talking to him and he had been so excited about eating at Taco Bell.
So yesterday was Cody's first time off the base since he arrived here at the start of January. He was like a kid at Christmas. He has a list of things he wants to eat right away. The first thing he got yesterday was a huge juicy steak! He vacuumed down a 20 ounce steak in like 5 minutes! Then today he had the Nestle Chocolate Chip and Vanilla ice cream cookie. He had a big smile on his face the whole time he was eating it - like he had never tasted anything like it! Sure made me giggle.
Tonight he has to pack up his stuff and move to the next phase which is AIT. That's the school where they study their "specialty" that they have picked. He'll be there for 5-6 weeks and then he will be coming to California for home town recruiting then to Idaho for his leave. After that he'll either be going to Japan or Germany. Great choices! He's pretty sure he wants to go to Germany but I am not sure he's completely made up his mind.
Well I am going to close for now. I will post some more news and some more pictures from my trip here soon - so stay tuned!

No comments: